In line with Northern Ireland Executive regulations, Magherabuoy House Hotel is currently closed and will reopen on 13th November.
At Magherabuoy House the health, safety and wellbeing of our guests is of paramount importance to us. We are very conscious of the risks associated with coronavirus and the need for us all to play our part in preventing its’ spread. Accordingly we have made changes to how we do things. We hope these don’t detract from your enjoyment of your visit but reassure you your safety is our top priority.
We want to use this page to explain the measures we are taking to keep your visit safe, and keep you appraised of changes and updates to the way we do things as they arise.
KEEPING YOU SAFE
What To Expect
Before reopening following lockdown and regularly since then, we have reviewed all aspects of our operation in order to minimise risk of Covid-19 transmission at the Hotel. We have put in place a range of measures to help us deliver a safe and enjoyable hotel experience for our guests. Social distancing, face coverings, hand sanitising, enhanced cleaning methods and staff training are just some of the steps we have taken.
Below you can find links to our Risk Assessment and Safe Operating Plan which explain these processes in detail
What will a stay at Magherabuoy House involve now and in the near future?
Things have changed and we are constantly monitoring not just internal risks, but the many regulations that govern the business of operating a Hotel at this time. There are regulations concerning alcoholic drinks, social distancing and guidance around good practice. We set these out in an easy-to-read pre-arrival document for our guests.
The simple phrase ‘Hands – Face – Space’ sums up the main precautions we can all take to help. Click below for details.
– Phone: 02870823507. Phonelines are manned 11am – 1pm, Monday – Friday. You can leave a voicemail outside these hours and we will try to respond within 24 hours.
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. We aim to respond to emails within 24 hours.
– Social: see our Facebook account. We aim to respond to emails within 24 hours.
– The Hotel is closed from 16 October, reopening 13 November. This is as a result of regulations introduced by the Northern Ireland Executive in response to an upsurge in Covid-19 transmission rates in Northern Ireland.
– From this date our bar must stop serving at 10.30pm and all customers must have left by 11.00pm. This applies to hotel residents as well as non-residents
SALE OF ALCOHOL
– From this date, alcohol can be consumed indoors without the necessity for customers to be eating a meal
MUSIC & ENTERTAINMENT
– Background / Ambient music is permitted in line with our risk assessment; live music and DJs are not allowed
– Dancing is not permitted
– The Hotel must display prominently, at each part of the venue where alcohol may be consumed, the maximum number of persons who may be seated in that part of the venue
– Any person consuming food or drink MUST be provided with a seat at a table immediately on entering the premises
– Customers MUST remain seated once in the venue, no standing is permitted
– Orders for food or drink MUST only be taken from customers only at the table at which they are seated
– Customers can ONLY move within the premises to enter the premises, reach the table at which they are to be seated, access toilet facilities or leave the premises
– All food and drink MUST be consumed by visitors only at the table at which they are seated
– A maximum of 6 people from 2 households can be seated at a table in a hospitality venue. Children aged 12 and under will be discounted from the total
– More than 6 people will be permitted if they all belong to a single household
– All service will be seated at tables – NO SERVICE IS PERMITTED AT THE BAR
TRACK AND TRACE SYSTEM
– Where guests haven’t otherwise provided their details to the Hotel, their lead name, from each household, phone number, number in party, time of visit must be recorded and the details held for 21 days
🖐🏻 Hand sanitiser stations at entrances & at strategic locations throughout the Hotel, such as lift lobbies, the entrances/exits to and from dining areas, as well as staff areas. Please use these before entering the premises.
🧼 Enhanced cleaning measures at common touchpoints using disinfectants and sanitisers, frequently touched surfaces such as door handles, card payment terminals and lift buttons are cleaned frequently.
💁🏼 Social distancing throughout, with signage, floor markings and our staff on hand to help out.
📖 Book your breakfast time with Reception, and reserve your table for dinner with us. No need to leave the premises during your visit.
Safety & Wellbeing
🍽 We have relocated Leona’s Tea Room into the Hotel Bistro to provide enhanced social distancing – but with the same great baking and even more lunchtime food to choose from.
🍺 Alcoholic beverages can be purchased without the need to dine. However customers must remain seated and must not order at the bar.
✅ Revised operating procedures to help minimise risk of Covid-19 contamination, including changes to the way we service guest accommodation.
🛌 We have considered it necessary to remove guest directories and some soft furnishings. This is because we can make the transmission risk from these sources avoidable by their removal. We have listened to guest feedback about hospitality trays in bedrooms and have reintroduced them as of 10 August, however they are put together differently to minimise contamination risks.
Safety & Wellbeing
📖 Training for all staff in general Health and Safety, as well as the specific steps needed in a Covid-19 environment.
🔨 Installation of protective screens at face-to-face service areas such as our Reception desk and Coffee bar.
🥽 PPE where appropriate, so you will see most of our colleagues wearing facial visors, and others in extended PPE such as face masks and gloves. You are encouraged to wear a face covering when moving around through indoor communal areas of the Hotel. Disposable masks can be purchased from Reception.
THANK YOU FOR YOUR
Patience & Understanding
We appreciate many of these measures aren’t what our guests are used to, however we hope you will understand we have implemented them out of necessity and for the good of all who visit or work at our Hotel. We also hope these restrictions can be eased in the near future if we abide by the guidance now. Ultimately we want to ensure your safety and that of our staff – please be patient as all of this is done with the best of intentions, and we are learning as we go in these vastly changed times.